MWC 2020

MWC 2020 cancelled due to coronavirus fear

Others, Tech News
Share and like it on social platforms

Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2020 gets canceled due to fear of coronavirus. The event was scheduled to start on February 23 in Barcelona, Spain. Due to the coronavirus outbreak several tech giants, including Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Sony withdraws their names.

“The GSMA has canceled MWC Barcelona 2020 because the global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak, travel concern and other circumstances, make it impossible for the GSMA to hold the event,” CEO John Hoffman said in a statement.

MWC is a big annual event where tech giants unveil next-generation revolutionary products. So canceling MWC is a big blow for GSMA. GSMA, the organization behind the MWC is now planning for the next possible steps.

After cancellation of the event, Xiaomi and Oppo both rescheduled their event. Oppo said in a statement, “After serious consideration, we have also decided to reschedule the OPPO Find X2 Global Launch Event, originally scheduled on 22nd February.” Xiaomi said it has postponed the Mi 10 launch event. The event was originally scheduled for Feb 23. While the second-largest smartphone maker Huawei did not make take any decision on its February 23 event.

The Coronavirus was discovered in the Wuhan city of China in December last year. According to the World Health Organization, as of Thursday, there are more than 60,000 people infected around the world. More than 1,300 people have died.

 

 

Related Posts