A Gurgaon man’s newly purchased Redmi Note 7 got explode and set his bag on fire. According to a report from 91mobiles, a Gurgaon man named Vikas Kumar purchased his Redmi Note 7 smartphone in December last year.
Kumar said his phone was 90% charged when he left his house to the office. In-office, he noted that all of sudden his phone starts heating and smoke emanating from the battery of the unit. So he threw the phone towards his bag and after 3-4 seconds phone got exploded. He said the fire was so intense that he had to use a fire extinguisher to put out. Kumar would suffer physical injuries if he delayed throwing away his phone.
After the blast, when he went to the Xiaomi’s customer service center for replacement. They tried to blame the Vikas for the blast. They said you might have used a faulty charger and only you are responsible.
Finally service center agrees to get him to pay 50 percent of the price of a new unit of Redmi Note 7 Pro, in order to get a replacement. Vikas said he is really disappointed with Xiaomi’s service. He never used any-third party charger. He always charged his phone with a bundled charger.